Important Notice on COVID-19
As you may be hearing, awareness of and concerns about the recently discovered coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to rise. Upper Crust Food Service strives to make certain your chapter and our staff are as prepared and protected as possible. In the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 on any UCFS campus, we will work quickly to take direction from the University, health department, and CDC to protect your members and our staff from the spread of this virus.
We encourage you to stay aware and informed by reading any information shared by your college/university and monitoring the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website. We are also sharing information and resources from the World Health Organization (WHO) and CDC about coronavirus, how it spreads and what we are doing to help protect your members and our staff.
What is a coronavirus?
· According to the WHO: Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
· Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
· Read more about coronavirus on the WHO website.
How does it spread?
· The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person between people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet) and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
· It may also be possible for the virus to spread through touching an infected surface or object and then touching your own mouth, nose or eyes.
· Read more from the CDC about coronavirus transmission.
What are we doing to help prevent its spread?
· Practicing good hand washing.
o We will wash hands with soap and water thoroughly and often.
o We will wash hands as soon as we enter the chapter house and prior to preparing food.
· Practice good respiratory etiquette.
o We will cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw used tissues into a lined trash can or nose/mouth with a bent elbow.
· We will Avoid touching face, especially eyes, nose and mouth.
· Take care of kitchen space.
o We will avoid sharing personal items (cell phones, aprons, etc)
o We will clean high-touch surfaces (equipment, buffet areas, cell phone, keyboard, tablets, doorknobs, etc.) with a disinfectant wipe or spray.
What preventive actions can I take in my kitchens?
· Inform others.
o The CDC offers a number of printable resources for public use. Our staff will post resources around the kitchen as these resources will assist in education and prevention.
o Our Staff will share tips for staying healthy and good hygiene techniques during our staff meetings.
· Be prepared.
o We will have disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer available throughout your kitchen at all times.
o We will make sure that all paper products (tissues, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.) are fully stocked and include enough for two additional weeks before a reorder is needed. (If we currently provide this service to Customer and is approved by Customer.)
The attached resources will have been provided to your staff to display in your kitchen. Should you have any questions about the Upper Crust Food Service COVID-19 plan please do not hesitate to contact Ray Nunnelly, Director of Human Resources, 573-874-3033, email@example.com